Last Updated: September 24, 2023
Alt/Finance (“Alt/Finance,” “us,” “we” or “our”) respects your privacy and understands the importance of privacy to our users. Alt/Finance developed this Privacy Statement to explain how Alt/Finance collects, uses, shares, and protects Personal Information (defined below). This Privacy Statement applies to Personal Information collected or processed through the service you are currently using and the technology supporting the service, including our website (altfndata.com), and any mobile application or offered online products or services from which this Privacy Statement is linked (collectively, the “Services”). For the purposes of this Privacy Statement, “you” and “your” means you as the user of the Services.
Please read this Privacy Statement carefully. By accessing or using the Services, you explicitly accept, without limitation or qualification, our practices surrounding the collection, use, and sharing of Personal Information provided by you in the manner described in this Privacy Statement. If you do not agree with the terms of this Privacy Statement, please do not use, access or download the Services.
Section 1: What is Personal Information?
“Personal Information” is information that, either alone or in combination with other information, identifies or relates to a particular individual. Examples of Personal Information include, among others, name, email address, phone number, mailing address, and online identifiers.
Section 2: Personal Information We Collect
Information You Give Us. You do not have to give us any Personal Information to browse the Services. However, you may be asked to provide Personal Information to submit or request information from us, or to use the Services. For example, when you choose to register for the Services, we may request you provide Personal Information, including, but not limited to:
- Email address;
- Login credentials (if you choose to connect via a third-party service);
- Mailing address;
- Geolocation; or
- Payment card information
Automated Information Collection. We collect certain Personal Information about your use of the Services through the use of tracking technologies such as cookies, web beacons and clickstream analytics tools, including Google Analytics, Facebook and Twitter technologies. Cookies are small data files that are transferred to your computer’s hard disk and are used to store Personal Information about website visits, your preferences, and enhance website functionality. We process the information collected through such technologies, which may include or be combined with Personal Information, to improve the quality of the Services by storing user preferences and tracking user trends; to track website metrics and customize content to users; to provide users with customer support; and to target advertisements to users. Most web browsers accept cookies automatically but can be configured not to do so or to notify the user when a cookie is being sent. If you wish to disable cookies, refer to your browser help menu to learn how to disable cookies. Please note that if you disable cookies, you may not be able to use some customized features available through the Services.
- Google Analytics. To assist us with analyzing the traffic to our Services through cookies and similar technologies, we use analytic services, including Google Analytics. For more information on Google Analytics’ processing of your Personal Data, please see “How Google uses data when you use our partners' sites or apps.”
- Log File Information. When you access the Services, our servers automatically record Personal Information including IP Address, browser type, referring URLs (e.g., the site you visited before coming to the Services), domain names associated with your internet service provider, information on your interaction with the Services, and other such information to improve the functionality and content of the Services.
- Links. The Services may include links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed by IP Addresses. We use this information to improve the quality of our products and design.
- Geolocation Data. We receive approximate location data based on your IP address and, with your consent, information about your location from GPS-enabled devices.
- Mobile Data. When you access our Services by or through a mobile device, we may receive or collect and store a unique identification number associated with your device, mobile carrier, location data via Wifi or GPS, device type and manufacturer, and phone number.
Section 3: How We Use Personal Information
We may use your Personal information for the following purposes:
- Administering and improving the Services, arranging for the pick-up or delivery of the products and services purchased through the Services, and otherwise providing the products and services you select through the Services;
- Responding to your questions and feedback;
- Contacting you, whether by email, postal mail, or telephone with information about the Services, including communications regarding future products and services that we believe may be of interest to you;
- For such purposes as you may authorize at the time you submit the Personal Information;
- Auditing, maintaining, and improving the security of the Services;
- Ensuring the technical functions of our network;
- Creating a profile based on the information you have provided;
- Tailoring advertisements to you;
- Developing new products and services; or
- Compiling Personal Information and other information collected through the Services on an aggregate basis.
Section 4: Personal Information We Share
We do not sell, rent, trade, or otherwise share Personal Information collected through the Services, except as described below:
- In Connection with our Offerings. The Services involve the sharing of Personal Information collected through the Services with (i) other users of the Services, (ii) your social network if you choose to connect via your Social Network (including users of your social network who are not users of the Services), and (iii) as you otherwise provide your consent. Information which you upload, post, email, submit or otherwise transmit in connection with the Services to a public message board, chat area or other public area of the Services becomes public information. You are solely responsible for any information you choose to post on or through the Services, and you may always choose not to divulge any Personal Information to the public when posting to a message board, chat area or other public area of the Services. All information that is posted to a message board, chat area, or other public area of the Services may be shared by us with others.
- Subsidiaries and Affiliates. We share Personal Information with our subsidiaries and affiliates for the purposes for which you provided the information or as reasonably necessary for our internal administrative and business purposes.
- Third Party Service Providers. We work with third party service providers in connection with our offerings. Such services include moving and logistics services, payment card processors, website hosting, marketing, website usage analytics, advertising, customer service, and monitoring and maintaining the Services. We share Personal Information and non-personal information with these third parties for the purpose of enabling them to provide these services. We do not bear any responsibility for any actions or policies of such third parties.
- Required by Law. We may disclose Personal Information or any information collected through the Services if we are required to do so by law or pursuant to legal process, in response to a request from government officials or law enforcement authorities, or as necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of illegal activity.
- Certain Transactions. We may disclose or transfer Personal Information or any information collected through the Services to third parties who acquire all or a portion of our business, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding brought by or against us.
Section 5: Your Choices
- Personal Information You Provide. You can always choose whether or not to provide Personal Information on the Services. However, if you choose not to disclose certain Personal Information, you may not be able to register as a user of the Services, which may limit your access to certain portions of the Services.
- Communications From Us. If at any time you decide that you no longer wish to receive notices from us regarding the Services, you may indicate this preference by unsubscribing from our mailing list or contacting us as provided below. Please note that certain communications are necessary for the proper functioning and use of the Services and you may not have the ability to opt out of those communications.
- Deleting your Account and the Application. You may request to delete your account by contacting us using the contact information in Section 12.
Section 6: Information Storage and Security
We employ reasonable security precautions to protect Personal Information, but despite our reasonable efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and we cannot guarantee “perfect security.” Please further note that any information you send to us electronically, while using the Services or otherwise interacting with us, may not be secure while in transit. We recommend that you do not use unsecure channels to communicate sensitive or confidential information to us. If you have reason to believe that Personal Information is no longer secure, please notify us immediately by contacting us in accordance with the Questions section below.
Section 7: External Links
Section 8: California Residents
This section applies to residents of California.
The Categories of Personal Information We Collect
In accordance with California law, we collected the following categories of Personal Information within the preceding 12 months:
- Identifiers such as your name, alias, email address, mailing address, IP address, and online identifiers;
- Certain categories of Personal Information described in subdivision (e) of California Civil Code Section 1798.80;
- Commercial information, including records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies (“Usage Information”); and
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including information on your usage of our Website.
We share each of these categories of Personal Information with our service providers to the extent necessary to provide their products and services and as otherwise described above.
Additionally, within the past 12 months, some of our online advertisers may have used and disclosed Usage Information collected automatically from the Services.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of California, you may have the following rights:
- Right to Know. You may have the right to request information on the categories of personal information that we collected in the previous 12 months.
- Right to Delete. You may have a right to request us to delete Personal Information that we collected from you.
- Right to Opt-Out. You may have a right to opt-out of certain disclosures of Personal Information to third parties if such disclosures constitute a “sale” under California law.
If applicable, you may exercise the rights listed above by contacting us using the contact information in Section 12. Please provide us sufficient information to direct our response.
Section 9: International Use of the Services
If you use the Services outside the United States, please be aware that Personal Information may be collected, stored, and processed in the United States. We will not transfer Personal Information internationally. Please be aware that the data protection laws of the United States might not be as comprehensive as those in your country.
Section 10: Children’s Privacy
We do not knowingly collect or solicit any Personal Information from children under the age of 16 without the prior express consent from an applicable parent or legal guardian. In the event that we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child, we will promptly take steps to delete that Personal Information.
Section 11: Updates to this Privacy Statement
We may change or update this Privacy Statement from time to time, so please review it periodically. If we make material changes to this Privacy Statement, we may notify you as appropriate. Any changes to this Policy will apply immediately upon posting to the Services.
Section 12: Questions Regarding this Privacy Statement
If you have any questions or comments regarding this Privacy Statement, please contact us at:
Mail: 104 W 40th Street, Suite 420, New York, NY, 10018